So I mentioned last week that I changed a few things around on the site. Well, I’ve changed even more! I’m using a new theme that I think it much better than the old one! The comics fit perfectly on the page now, and it’s all sleek and fancy!
What do you think of the changes? Are they awesome, bad-nasty, or does it not really matter? As always I welcome all comments!
For your consideration: page four of .BOOT!
This page took FOREVER. I went overboard with some of the details, but I’m happy with the results. I’m still working completely digitally, hence the computer font I’m using for the word balloons. I’m still not very comfortable with my own handwriting while using the tablet.
Expect page five to be right on time next Monday!
Well here is page three of .BOOT right on time! Have you ever heard the saying “if it isn’t one thing, it’s another?” This is how our hero feels. He just got used to his wheel, and now he needs an antenna. He just can’t get a break! (pun intended)
Tune it next week for page four!
As promised, here is page two of .BOOT. Looks like our hero is finding his footing.
I forgot to mention last week that both this page and the last were done entirely on the computer, from pencils to color. I’ve really been enjoying the experience of working this way, and am planning to post a tutorial on the process soon.
Page three will be up next Monday. Be there!
What you’re looking at is page one of my new web comic that I call .BOOT. It’s an episodic adventure, and I’m going to be posting a new page every Monday.
Don’t worry, I’ll still be working on Capek, but it won’t be finished by the end of September as planned. I’ve been working on it for so long that I feel it’s time to give it a short rest and work on something new!
I know it’s early, but what do you think of .BOOT so far? Any and all comments are welcome!
So I’m still alive and kicking, everyone! So sorry for the long hiatus, but there has been a lot going on this summer. I recently finished a week long animation workshop at CCS, and I’m not afraid to use Flash anymore!
I will post the video I made during the workshop soon, but for now (to prove that I have actually been working) here is my submission for the new Trees & Hills anthology:
As a wide-eyed youth, my friends and I would play in our yards like this. We had such vivid imaginations. Even a few trees and a bit of dirt could be an enchanted forest. Now, granted, I still use my imagination quite a bit, but I wonder if it will ever be as potent as it was back then. *sigh*
Anyhoo, I’d eventually like to add color to this, but T&H only accepts B&W (or grayscale, but that ruins my abbreviations).
Stay safe in this looming storm!
I had a really productive week on the Capek front!
See that stack? That’s the finished pile! Note that there is no incomplete one? BOOYAH!
All joking aside, I still have quite a ways to go. This stack represents all but FOUR pages of act 2 of the book. From here I need to draw and ink four new pages to finish the revised ending, then I need to scan, clean, and color each page.
What happens next, you ask? Well, part three won’t ink itself
More updates coming soon!
Hello all! It’s time once again for a Capek Progress Report!
To the left are the incomplete pages. As you can see the stacks are almost equal height, so it’s slowly but surely coming along.
Also, I know I said I’d be posting a new Robot of the Day for you all, but this exciting project has been delayed slightly. Rest assured that I will be adding more cool things to the site soon. Perhaps I’ll actually SHOW the pages I’ve been working on?
So a friend asked me today how progress was going on Capek, and I realized that I hadn’t worked on it at all since MECAF!
This is unacceptable, so I’m officially starting a “Capek Progress Report” to keep you (yes you!) updated about how Act Two is going. Here is the stack of pages I’m working on:
The stack on the right is the complete pile, while the other is the incomplete one.
As you can see the incomplete pile is a bit taller, but fear not! Rest assured that it will shrink steadily in the coming weeks!
Expect another progress report next Monday!
This is a commission I did for the Ghostbusters of New Hampshire! You can find their website here! As a huge fan of the Ghostbusters, it was an honor to do this for them!
So I know I promised some new robots would be up soon, but getting into a rhythm this summer has been tough. Right now I’m taking the week off and getting some much needed couch potato time. I’ll have some new updates after I recharge a bit!
Until next time!